«Significant contribution to the preservation of the Armenian Identity» Pan-Armenian Annual Award 2017
The Ministry of Diaspora of the Republic of Armenia, World Armenian Congress and Union of Armenians in Russia in the framework of «Significant contribution to the preservation of the Armenian identity» Pan-Armenian Annual Award 2017 announces the terms of the competition for the following categories:
1. «Defender of mother tongue» (Individuals),
2. «The best Armenian school»,
3. «Youth and Student organization»,
4. «Free Artsakh» (best works’ contest for children (picture, sculpture (photo), song, poem, story, composition, essay, etc.).
«Preservation for the significant contribution» award aims to encourage and value the activities of Armenian communities, Diaspora organizations, various groups, individuals for the preservation and development of Armenian national identity.
1. «Defender of mother tongue» (for Individuals) The aim of the competition is to encourage Diaspora organizations and individuals who make great contribution to the preservation and dissemination of the mother tongue, education and upbringing.
The competition is open to Diaspora community organizations, educational institutions, cultural institutions, language teachers, linguists, cultural and literary figures.
2. «The best Armenian school» The aim of the competition is to encourage Armenian schools who make significant contribution to the preservation of Armenian identity, development, education and upbringing of generations and also promote their creation and preservation activities.
3. «Youth and Student organization» The aim of the competition is to strengthen and encourage the activities of Diaspora youth and student organizations, highlighting their role in the solution of pan-national problems.
The competition is open to Diaspora youth organizations and student organizations.
- To be registered in compliance with the legislation of the country or must be adjacent structures to the local Armenian community, cultural, religious organizations and universities.
- To have at least 3 years of work experience.
4. «Free Artsakh» best works’ contest for children (picture, sculpture (photo), song, poem, story,composition, essay, etc.) The aim of the competition is to contribute to the formation and development of nationalism, national identity, historical and cultural consciousness.
Participants can submit works of various arts, painting, sculpture, wooden, ceramic objects, music, poem, essay, etc.
While presenting the work the author’s name, age, country and city of residence, e-mail address and telephone number, as well as educational and cultural institutions, youth center, art school or club, where the author of the work studies should be mentioned (in case of submission incomplete details the application will not be accepted).
The competition will be held in two stages.
1. the first stage is held in the community and the selected works are sent to the Ministry of Diaspora of the Republic of Armenia.
2. The contest winners are selected by the competition commission formed by the Ministry of Diaspora.
The deadline for submitting the application is November 1, 2017.
The results of the competition will be announced in December, 2017.
The following should be attached to the application.
– Document about education (copy),
– Recommendation letter given by the community organization or school (certified with the seal and the signature of the director),
– Description of the applicants’ activities for each category,
– Materials, including videos, proving that the applicants conducted Armenian identity preservation programs.
The Competition Commission may ask the applicant to provide additional printed materials, books, publications, videos, photos and other materials.
Submitted proposals will be reviewed by the professional Competition Commission.
The application can be downloaded from the ministry’s website www.mindiaspora.am or www.hayernaysor.amelectronic paper. Application should be filled, signed should be send together with the recommendation letter issued by the school, community organization (church) to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org mails.
The information about the results of the «Significant contribution to the preservation of the Armenian Identity» Pan-Armenian Annual Award 2017 will be posted on the official website of the Ministry of Diasporawww.mindiaspora.am and www.hayernaysor.am electronic paper.
Department of Pan-Armenian Programs of the Ministry of Diaspora of the Republic of Armenia is responsible for the implementation of the award (Phone: +374 10 58 56 01 (7-00), +374 60 500-830):